We will re-open our shop at 131 South Street and our online store on Monday 29th June in accordance with Scottish Government regulations and look forward to welcoming everyone back!
We understand that people may be a little nervous about coming out and shopping again in the High Street and we wanted to let you know that safety is our number one priority for both our customers and ourselves.
- There will be a limit of 4 customers alllowed in the shop at one time. This will increase when distance guidelines are reduced.
- Customers can follow clear distance floor markings
- There are two hand-sanitizer stations, one at the door and the other at the till.
- There is a perspex screen at the till
- Staff will wear a mask and we would respectfully ask that customers also covered their face with a mask or scarf.
- Surfaces such as door handles and card machines will be cleaned after each customer with an anti-bacterial cleaner
- Stock which has been handled by customers will be sanitized. If this is not possible, it will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- We are asking customers to please not pay with cash. We take all major debit and credit cards and also have contactless.
We have also thought about other ways to help your shopping experience with us, at least in the short to medium term and have made the following changes for online shopping: -
- We are now offering free shipping to the UK mainland on the majority of what we sell. Although this was not an easy decision because of the financial cost to us, we know our customers are spread out - not only throughout Scotland but the rest of the UK and we hope this we make the buying decision easier for those who don’t come back to St Andrews for a while. This excludes those in the Scottish Highlands and Islands - however, we will only charge the difference that it would have been to a mainland address.
- We are also going to offer customers the ability to book a Zoom time with us, which we hope could make it easier for a customer to buy online from us.
- For local customers, we have been offering click and collect for some time now and if we’re asked to deliver something local, we can offer to do this personally after we have closed for the day.
- You don't have to order through the website, you can telephone us and pay over the phone.
- We have extended our returns policy to 30 days.